Evaluation of Academic Work
- Philosophy of Grading
- Since home schooling is under the instructional supervision of the home, all grades issued for work completed while enrolled in this program will be assigned by the parent/teacher.
- Self-reported grades are sent to The Academy of Home Education office at the end of each quarter for grades one through eight.
- A weekly grade must be provided for each course reported on the Grading Reporting Form.
- All submitted grades become part of the student’s permanent record.
- Forms and instructions for reporting course grades are available online
- Request a complimentary grading DVD(for enrolled AHE families only) -- contact us for more information
- A complete battery of nationally standardized achievement tests is required each spring.
- Each student is expected to maintain a stanine at or above the 5th stanine.
- The results of this testing will become part of the student’s permanent record and should support the weekly, quarterly, and semester grades.
- For more information see the Testing site at bjupress.com
Your State's Legal Requirements
The course of study outlined for students enrolled in The Academy of Home Education is designed to fulfill the general requirements nationwide, both at the elementary level and for a secondary education and a high-school diploma. However, since specific state requirements may vary from the prescribed course under this program, it is the responsibility of the parent/educator to see that his own state’s legal requirements are also satisfied. HSLDA provides advice on individual state requirements. Any state requirements that differ from the curricular track of The Academy of Home Education must be reported to the AHE office upon acceptance into the program. AHE members are provided a discount HSLDA membership.