Installation FAQs - Distance Learning by Hard Drive
Can I use the hard drive on another computer?
Yes, it can be installed on any computer that meets the specifications as long as it is used solely by the family who purchased it.
I have attached the hard drive to my computer, but the drive does not show up in the "My Computer" window.
Some computers have so many drives that any new drive cannot get a drive letter for its use. In order to have the drive show up, you would need to do the following:
- Right-click on “Computer” (Distance Learning Hard Drive works with Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, or 10 (not available on Mac).) or “My Computer” (Windows XP) and select “Manage” from the menu.
- Select “Disk Management” and then right-click on the hard drive.
- Choose “Change Drive Letter and Paths” to choose another drive letter for the drive.
- Choose an unused drive letter within the list of drive letters and select “Ok.” This causes the pop-up window to disappear.
- Select “Ok” within the “Change Drive Letter” Window. This will cause this window to also disappear.
- Exit the “Computer Management” window by clicking the “X” icon in the upper right-hand corner of the window.