Homeschool Iowa Online Testing User Agreement
To test with BJU Press Testing, you must agree to follow all requirements fully. If you have any questions or feel that your child is an exception to any requirement in the agreement, contact the BJU Press Testing office by calling 800.845.5731 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org before proceeding.
- Credit/debit cards will not be charged until 10–14 calendar days before the stated test date and BJU Press will not refund charges for online testing if canceled after that time.
- Only homeschool students may use tests. Private school students whose schools do not offer testing should request for their school to email BJU Press at email@example.com and confirm that the student may test with us.
- If selecting an on-site proctor other than a parent, parents agree to share student demographic information with that proctor for administration purposes.
- The on-site proctor is responsible to have the student logged in with enough time to finish the day’s testing.
- Emails will reflect the time zone selected when ordering.
- Due to the group setting for online tests, students who do not access the test by the beginning of the testing session may forfeit their testing slot without refund.
- The lockdown browser or app must be downloaded before testing. Delays caused by downloading DataManager on test day may cause the student to forfeit testing time.
- Each student will log into the DataManager™ testing platform using his or her own student ID number and session code to take the test.
- For each test session, allow sufficient time for logging the student into the system and managing potential technical issues.
- The BJU Press Test Administrator will start all testing sessions.
- The on-site proctor must actively monitor each student’s testing progress. If the student is unexpectedly logged out or any other testing anomalies occur (e.g., cheating, technological issues), the proctor is responsible for notifying the BJU Press Test Administrator.
- The on-site proctor is responsible to have the student logged in on time and to ensure that the student takes breaks only at the scheduled times for the designated lengths.
- The on-site proctor is to contact the BJU Press Test Administrator if an emergency arises (e.g., power outage, sudden illness).
- Due to the group setting for online tests, students must finish subtests within the allotted times for all grades, including K5–Grade 2.
- Parents of students in K5–Grade 2 who do not finish will have the choice between moving on without completing the subtest or completing subtests separately for an extra $30 per hour or part of an hour.
- On-site proctors may give only technical help during testing. Students must answer all questions without assistance.
- No subtests may be read aloud to the student.
- Math manipulatives and calculators are not allowed, aside from those provided by the DataManager testing platform.
- Accommodations are not currently available with online testing. If you need to use accommodations, please speak with BJU Press before proceeding.
- Scratch paper is prohibited on the CogAT® Form 7 Verbal and Non-Verbal Batteries.
- The on-site proctor will receive emails from BJU Press before testing. The proctor will then be responsible for the information in those emails and for contacting BJU Press if no information is received.
- The on-site proctor must be immediately accessible during testing, via the agreed-upon email and phone number listed when ordering.
Tests that require scoring with Spring (end-of-school-year) norms must be taken between March 1 and July 31.
- Electronic test results are typically posted on the ordering account within 5–7 business days after the final day of testing. Print copies of test results are available upon request for an additional fee.
Test Publisher Guidelines
- Due to contractual obligations, public school students cannot take these tests through BJU Press or gain access to them through any source other than their school.
- The ordering party is responsible to ensure that test administration meets the requirements of any organization or state that will receive results.
- It is unethical to use these tests as practice for any other test administration.
- It is a direct violation of the publisher’s contract with BJU Press to administer any other achievement/abilities test within 3 months to the same student.
- The CogAT is available only in combination with the Iowa Assessments and will not be sold or scored without the accompanying achievement test.
- Without exception, each student must log off the DataManager testing platform before removing his or her testing device from the room.
- The user acknowledges that DataManager is a secure program and agrees to the following conditions of use to ensure the test and program’s security:
- Test content is confidential and may not be viewed by anyone other than the student, on-site proctor, and BJU Press administrator. Content may not be discussed with parents, students, or other individuals at any time.
- User agrees to ensure that no student is using a device (including computers, cameras, cell phones, etc.) to access information outside the test.
- Screen capture, photos, or other reproduction of test content is a breach of copyright and will be treated as such.
- No user will disclose or allow to be disclosed the contents of the test instrument (Iowa Assessments Form E Online and/or CogAT Form 7).
- User understands and has access to the appropriate software for the device:
- Apple/MacBook/Windows—Lockdownbrowser(i.e., DataManager testing platform)
- iPad—DataManager App
- Chromebook—DataManager App
- The on-site proctor will inform BJU Press staff of any violations of test security, allowing BJU Press to enforce disciplinary procedures.
- I understand the specified technical requirements and have completed the technical readiness checks. necessary for online testing.
- I agree to access the test securely via the DataManager browser or app. I understand that using an unsecured route is a violation of this contract.
- I acknowledge that this electronic signature is legally binding.
- I realize that any violation of the above may result in lost testing time, cancellation without refund, or other penalties from BJU Press Testing or Riverside Insights.
- I understand and agree to follow the above User Agreement and verify that all tests are for the students as designated on this Testing & Evaluation order.