The Dark Side of the Internet
This guide is grown from the breadth of Rand Hummel’s experience counselling with teens whose lives have been affected by their own or a parent’s abuse of the Internet. It includes seven original essays on broader issues dealing with the Christian, the world, and culture.
- "Christians in Cyberspace: A Biblical Perspective"—Dr. Lovegrove is on the science faculty at Bob Jones University. This brief article provides a bit of background about what the Internet is and suggests some ways of handling Internet problems.
- Covenanteyes.com—Accountability for internet users.
- Enough.org—A site dedicated to combating Internet pornography and its effects.
- Integrity Online—An internet provider that makes "clean browsing" a priority.
- Mount Calvary Baptist Church—Here is an example of one church’s Internet policy. This may be helpful for those seeking to establish guidelines for their congregations.
- Virtual Salt—A great site of useful links for Christians with questions about the world around them. See especially items under the headings, "Internet Related Items" and "Tools for the Age of Knowledge."
The fact that a link is listed on this site does not mean that BJU Press endorses its entire contents from the standpoint of ethics, philosophy, theology, or scientific hypotheses. The position of BJU Press on these subjects is well known. In order to provide a useful service to our customers, links to many sites of content relevant to our publications are posted on the basis of the information and/or services that the sites offer.
Due to the transient nature of websites, these links are updated regularly. At the time of publication, all of the web links suggested in our educational materials were active. Since then, some may have been replaced by similar websites or removed from this list. If you have comments, suggestions, questions, or find that one of these resources is no longer in service, please e-mail us.