Cultural Geography, 5th ed.
Cultural Geography will take the students around the world, starting with physical geography, the earth’s climate, and the people of the world. The first four units progress from North and South America and then on to Europe and Russia. Unit five will cover Africa and then units six and seven will cover Asia. The book will conclude in unit eight with Oceania and Antarctica.
General Teaching Resources
Cultural Geography Maps (6.28 Mb zip file)—Gray-scale maps of various countries around the world from the Student Activities Manual
- USGS: United States Geological Survey—Fairly technical. Of possible interest to teachers wishing to expand their knowledge. Covers many branches of geology, from glaciation to volcanology. Includes lesson plans under “education” heading.
- National Geographic: Maps and Geography Index—Links to all related parts of the site (including games and lessons).
- *The CIA World Factbook*—Reliable source for country facts and statistics (economic, political, historical, social etc.).
- Awesome Library: Geography Lessons—Links to Geography lessons throughout the web.
- NOAA Education resources—Links to geography resources and lesson plans for teachers.
- EPA Education Resources—Lesson plans and resources for our environment (ecosystems, water, etc.).
- Planet Earth—Excerpts from BBC documentaries on various facets of the earth’s geography
- What Is Geography? - WorldAtlas.com
- Internet Geography—Thorough coverage of the basic fields of geography (physical, human, economic, environmental etc.). Lessons and activities included.
- Nationmaster.com—Great source of international and national statistics (including the best, the worst, the largest, smallest etc.).
- Perry-Castaneda Library Map Collection—Exhaustive collection of maps for each country.
- U.S. Dept. of State: Background notes on countries—According to the site, “these publications include facts about the land, people, history, government, political conditions, economy, and foreign relations of independent states, some dependencies, and areas of special sovereignty.” Very thorough.
- CensusScope—U.S. census information based on the 2000 Census
- World Geography | FactMonster—Exhaustive collection of maps for each country.
- United States Facts, Culture, Recipes, Language, Government, Eating, Geography, Maps, History, Weather, News, Economy, Family, Fashion, Events - CountryReports—A site with a lot of information about every country, subscription required
- Teaching With Google Earth - National Geographic Society
- National Geography Standard Index - National Geographic Society
- My Top 5 Resources for Teaching Geography Skills | Edutopia
- Geography - YouTube—A playlist that includes most of the recommended videos from the Teacher’s Edition
Biblical Worldview and Geography
- 4 Life Lessons Learned Through The Study Of Geography - Geography On A Mission
- How God Uses Geography to Shape Our Lives
- An accidental blog: Resources for a Christian approach to geography—A bibliography
- Geography and worldview: a Christian reconnaissance - Henk Aay, S. Griffioen - Google Books—One of the few scholarly works about geography and a biblical worldview
- Christian Geography—An article summarizing ‘Geography in Christian perspective’
- Direction: Ordered Cities: Christian Studies and Geography—An article seeking biblical view of urban planning
- How I Teach Geography With Missions ~ Serving From Home
- Book review of Geography and Worldview: A Christian Reconnaissance by Henk Aay, Sander Griffioen
General World Religion Information
- The Changing Global Religious Landscape | Pew Research Center
- Countries by Religion | Religion Information | GRF
- Religion in America: U.S. Religious Data, Demographics and Statistics | Pew Research Center
- Joshua Project—Detailed site highlighting the unreached people groups and majority religions of every country.
- Countries - World Watch Monitor
- Serving Persecuted Christians - Open Doors USA
- The Voice of the Martyrs
Christian World Missions Resources
- Does the world Christian movement need a fourth era?
- Back to Jerusalem—About a Chinese missions movement to bring the Gospel back to the Middle East
- Three Mission Eras 1800-2000—Article summarizes the mission eras.
- Young Christian Missionaries Grapple With ‘Reverse Mission’ - The Atlantic
- North American Mission Handbook: US and Canadian Protestant Ministries Overseas 2017-2019 - Missio Nexus
- Research Archives - International Mission Board
- 21 Missionaries You Should Know | URBANA STUDENT MISSIONS CONFERENCE
- Dispatches from the Front—Exciting excerpts from evangelism documentaries, issued by Frontline Missions
- Stories | Pioneers—Current missionary stories and videos from around the world
- Stories: Journey In - Africa Inland Mission (USA)
- What you don’t know about Christian missions. A radical shift. - YouTube
- State of the World / The Task Remaining - YouTube
Climate Change: Biblical evaluation websites
- Science Confirms Climate Change! | Answers in Genesis
- How should a Christian view global warming?
- Why Climate Change Can’t Be True (Even Though it is)
- Meet the evangelical Christian persuading believers that climate change is real
- Ten religious reasons against climate change
- John MacArthur on Global Warming and Environmentalism - YouTube
- Climate Change: The Dangerous Faith (Sydney speech) | Václav Klaus
- Global warming facts and myths - creation.com
Climate Change: Some other articles from both sides of the issue
- Global Warming Bombshell - MIT Technology Review
- Nasa: Mini ice age on the way due to lack of sunspots and it’ll get very cold | Metro News
- Climate contrarian uncovers scientific error, upends major ocean warming study
- Climate Change: What Do Scientists Say? - YouTube
- How Misguided Environmentalism Is To Blame For California’s Wildfires
- Warming Up to the Cold Facts About Climate | The Heritage Foundation
- Media Hysteria: Climate Change ‘Heat Records’ Are a Huge Data Manipulation
- Why Is Antarctica’s Sea Ice Growing While the Arctic Melts? Scientists Have an Answer
- SPECIAL REPORT-Online activists are silencing us, scientists...
- Headlines ‘exaggerated’ climate link to sinking of Pacific islands | Environment | The Guardian
- U.N. Predicts Disaster if Global Warming Not Checked
- Will Pacific Island Nations Disappear as Seas Rise? Maybe Not
- A vanishing paradise: The Maldives expected to be swallowed by the ocean in the future
- New study shows one of world’s largest glaciers is actually growing — not shrinking - TheBlaze
- Why the Kyoto Protocol Failed and a New Way Forward - YouTube
- Landfill begins burying non-recyclable Wind Turbine Blades | Education News
- 100 reasons why climate change is natural and not man-made | Tesla
- 4 Reasons Why ‘Climate Change’ Is a Flat-Out Hoax
- Climate scientist Katharine Hayhoe bridges the gap between science and faith
- The Immigration Crisis: Immigrants, Aliens, and the Bible—Review of a book that examines the issue from a biblical worldview
- The US needs more babies, more immigrants, and more integration - Vox
- Brain drain from developing countries: how can brain drain be converted into wisdom gain?
- World’s last wilderness may vanish
- Why developing countries get stuck with weak institutions and how foreign actors can help
- 6 Ways to Pray for Creation Care Ministries [April Prayer Focus] - TEAM
- Christians and the Environment: How Should Christians Think about the Environment? - Christian Research Institute