Unit Four: Discoveries | Excursions in Literature
One | Two | Three | Four | Five | Six | About Links
"The Last Lesson" by Alphonse Daudet
- Alphonse Daudet (Britannica.com | Kirjasto | Bartleby.com)—Overview of Daudet's life and works; etexts of several short stories
- Franco-Prussian War—Detailed overview with photos and illustrations
"The Wild Duck’s Nest" by Michael McLaverty
- Michael McLaverty—Brief overview of McLaverty’s life and works
"Hastrman" by Jan Neruda
- Jan Neruda—Overview of life and works of Jan Neruda
- St. Vitus’ Cathedral and St. Wenceslas Chapel—History and pictures of St Vitus’ Cathedral and its St Wenceslas Chapel
- St. Wenceslas Chapel and St. Vitus' Cathedral—Historical description and photos.
- Prague: The City of Many Attributes—webpage provided by The Tourist Portal of the Czech Republic; offers photo and video galleries, virtual tours, and webcams of important sites in Prague, as well as general information about the city and other helpful links
"You’ve Got to Learn" by Robert Murphy
- River Otter Stock Footage—Videos of otters in the wild
- River Otters for Kids—Fun facts and videos about otters; geared for students
- Yellowstone Otters —Describes in detail the habits and habitats of otters at Yellowstone
From Evidence Not Seen, by Darlene Deibler Rose
- The Legacy Ministry of Darlene Rose—The Roses’ homepage; includes current news and testimonials regarding Evidence Not Seen and a video interview with Darlene Diebler Rose
- Occupation of the Dutch East Indies—Telling drawings and explanation about the daily operations and poor conditions of the interment camps
- Japanese Prisoner of War Camps—Brief overview of abuses in the Japanese POW camps
"Symbols" by Christina Rosetti
- Overview on Christina Rosetti—Information on Christina Rossetti’s life, works, social, artistic, and historical setting, etc.; a good source for teachers
- Selected Poetry of Christina Rossetti—More of Christina Rossetti’s poetry
"The Sky is Low, the Clouds are Mean" by Emily Dickinson
- Emily Dickinson—Various links to information on Dickinson
- Biography of Emily Dickinson—Biographical article of Dickinson that covers some of her major poetic ideas
"Sunset" by Oswald Mbuyiseni Mtshali
- Oswald Mbuyiseni Mtshali—Biographical sketch
"Coloss. 3:3" by George Herbert
- George Herbert—Exclusive information covering his life, timeline, works, etc.
- Brief Biography of George Herbert—Biographical sketch and links to other Herbert sites
- Four Photo Albums of George Herbert—Photos/portraits of places and people associated with Herbert.
The fact that a link is listed on this site does not mean that BJU Press endorses its entire contents from the standpoint of ethics, philosophy, theology, or scientific hypotheses. The position of BJU Press on these subjects is well known. In order to provide a useful service to our customers, links to many sites of content relevant to our publications are posted on the basis of the information and/or services that the sites offer.
Due to the transient nature of websites, these links are updated regularly. At the time of publication, all of the web links suggested in our educational materials were active. Since then, some may have been replaced by similar websites or removed from this list. If you have comments, suggestions, questions, or find that one of these resources is no longer in service, please e-mail us.