General Resources for Teaching Science
(ES—appropriate for elementary school; HS—appropriate for high school)
- Answers in Genesis—A site dedicated to defending a biblical view of science; answers the many questions and misconceptions about evolution (ES and HS)
- Chemical Database —A searchable database of chemicals that gives guidance on procuring and handling chemicals included in secondary science lab manuals produced by BJU Press. Also includes Handy information for making acid and base solutions and dealing with acid and base burns, spills, and disposal.
- How to Buy a Microscope—A good reference that surveys the important factors for purchasing a microscope
- Institute for Creation Research—A great resource for current research and articles that support biblical creationism (HS)
- NASA Websites for Educators—An A-to-Z list of all the education websites that NASA manages (ES and HS)
- National Geographic Education—A mixture of science, education, and current events; lots of videos, articles, and interactive apps
- National Science Teachers Association—Tutorials, podcasts, and other resources that help you learn the best ways to teach science; includes the science standards for your state (Subscription may be required.) (ES and HS)
- Nature Classroom—Interactive videos from PBS that will help students visualize things like animal anatomy and crime scene investigations (ES and HS)
- Science Fair Central—Resources for students, parents, teachers, and science fair coordinators
- Carolina Biological Supply
- Fisher Science Education
- Flinn Scientific—Note: Flinn generally does not ship hazardous materials to homeschools. Christian school customers must request these on institutional letterhead, which reduces their liability.
- Frey Scientific
- Home Science Tools BJU Press Kits—Note: These laboratory kits may not coordinate with the most recent editions of BJU Press science products
- Home Science Tools—Offers science supplies in small quantities for homeschool families
- Ken-A-Vision Cameras and Microscopes
- Online Science Mall
- Photographers Formulary
- Sargent Welch
- Skulls Unlimited
- Triarch Microscope Slides
- Ward's Science
The fact that a link is listed on this site does not mean that BJU Press endorses its entire contents from the standpoint of ethics, philosophy, theology, or scientific hypotheses. The position of BJU Press on these subjects is well known. In order to provide a useful service to our customers, links to many sites of content relevant to our publications are posted on the basis of the information and/or services that the sites offer.
Due to the transient nature of websites, these links are updated regularly. At the time of publication, all of the web links suggested in our educational materials were active. Since then, some may have been replaced by similar websites or removed from this list. If you have comments, suggestions, questions, or find that one of these resources is no longer in service, please e-mail us.