Homeschool Stanford 10 Online Testing User Agreement
To test with BJU Press Testing, you must agree to follow all requirements fully. If you have any questions or feel that your child is an exception to any requirement in the agreement, contact the BJU Press Testing office by calling 800.845.5731 or emailing email@example.com before proceeding.
- My student has taken or will take the free Stanford 10 Online sample test before testing.
- Spring testing takes place between February 1 and July 31.
- Credit/debit cards will not be charged until 7–10 calendar days before the stated test date and BJU Press will not refund charges for online testing if canceled after that time.
- Only homeschool students may use tests. Private school students whose schools do not offer testing should request for their school to email BJU Press at firstname.lastname@example.org and confirm that the student may test with us.
- If selecting an on-site proctor other than a parent, parents agree to share student demographic information with that proctor for administration purposes.
- The on-site proctor is responsible to have the student logged in with enough time to finish the day’s testing.
- Emails will reflect the time zone selected when ordering.
- Students may log in at 9 am Eastern time and should begin testing no later than noon Eastern time.
- Students must log in to their last subtest of the day by 4 pm Eastern time. Any subtests not started by 4 pm Eastern time will be forfeited.
- The lockdown browser or app must be downloaded before testing. Delays caused by downloading the Pearson browser on test day may limit a student’s testing time.
- Each student will log into the testing platform using his or her own student ID number and Session Number to take the test.
- For each test session, allow sufficient time for logging the student into the system and managing potential technical issues.
- The BJU Press Test Administrator will start all testing sessions. Allow up to 15 minutes to access your subtest.
- The on-site proctor must actively monitor each student’s testing progress. If the student is unexpectedly logged out or any other testing anomalies occur (e.g., cheating, technological issues), the proctor is responsible for notifying the BJU Press Test Administrator.
- The on-site proctor is to contact the BJU Press Test Administrator if an emergency arises (e.g., power outage, sudden illness).
- On-site proctors may give only technical help during testing. Students must answer all questions without assistance.
- No subtests may be read aloud to the student.
- Math manipulatives and calculators are not allowed, aside from those provided by the testing platform.
- Students may use only basic calculators and only on subtests that allow calculator use (Mathematics Problem Solving for Grades 3–8 and Mathematics for Grades 9–12). Graphing or scientific calculators, calculator apps on phones, etc., would not be allowed.
- The test provides a calculator function for the appropriate subtests for Grades 4 Spring and up, but any student may use a handheld calculator, in place of the one on the testing platform.
- Accommodations are not currently available with online testing. If you need to use accommodations, please speak with BJU Press before proceeding.
- The on-site proctor will receive emails from BJU Press before testing. The proctor will then be responsible for the information in those emails and for contacting BJU Press if no information is received.
- Student ID and Session Numbers will be emailed the morning of testing.
- Session Numbers expire after one day, so a student cannot take a Day 1 test on Day 2.
- The on-site proctor must be immediately accessible during testing, via the agreed-upon email and phone number listed when ordering.
The Listening subtest is not included on the Stanford 10 Online. Students in Grades 3–8 will receive a Partial and Total Battery. Students in Grades 9–12 will receive a Basic and Complete Battery on their reports if they complete the necessary subtests.
- Electronic test results are typically posted on the ordering account within 5–7 business days after the final day of testing. Print copies of test results are available upon request for an additional fee.
Test Publisher Guidelines
- Due to contractual obligations, public school students cannot take these tests through BJU Press or gain access to them through any source other than their school.
- The ordering party is responsible to ensure that test administration meets the requirements of any organization or state that will receive results.
- It is unethical to use these tests as practice for any other test administration.
- Students may not take this achievement test if they have tested in the past three months and may not take another achievement test within three months after taking this test.
- Students taking the Stanford 10 Online will not have access to abilities testing.
- Without exception, each student must log off the testing platform before removing his or her testing device from the room.
- The user acknowledges that the Pearson lockdown browser is a secure program and agrees to the following conditions of use to ensure the test and program’s security:
- Test content is confidential and may not be viewed by anyone other than the student, on-site proctor, and BJU Press administrator. Content may not be discussed with parents, students, or other individuals at any time.
- User agrees to ensure that no student is using a device (including computers, cameras, cell phones, etc.) to access information outside the test.
- Screen capture, photos, or other reproduction of test content is a breach of copyright and will be treated as such.
- No user will disclose or allow to be disclosed the contents of the test.
- User understands and has access to the appropriate software for the device:
- Apple/MacBook/Windows—Pearson lockdown browser
- The on-site proctor will inform BJU Press staff of any violations of test security, allowing BJU Press to enforce disciplinary procedures.
- I understand the specified technical requirements and have completed the technical readiness checks necessary for online testing.
- I agree to access the test securely via the Pearson lockdown browser. I understand that using an unsecured route is a violation of this contract.
- I acknowledge that this electronic signature is legally binding.
- I realize that any violation of the above may result in lost testing time, cancellation without refund, or other penalties from BJU Press Testing or NCS Pearson, Inc.
- I understand and agree to follow the above User Agreement and verify that all tests are for the students as designated on this Testing & Evaluation order.