The Writing & Grammar 8 teacher edition gives educators the resources they need to craft effective lessons. 8th grade grammar lesson plans feature a variety of proven strategies within the framework of a teaching cycle. Instructional aids are available in the back of the book to assist the teacher in developing students’ grammar and writing skills.
What do the lesson plans include?
The teaching cycle follows four steps:
- Engage: Educators will find instructions for engaging students with visual analyses of illustrations; discussion suggestions; writing and grammar games; guided discovery and induction activities.
- Instruct: Educators will find a variety of teaching strategies for grammar instruction, speaking and listening skills, media skills, research skills, collaborative skills.
- Apply: Students will learn grammar rules to build their writing and communication skills; they will use individual writing notebooks; special features give additional opportunities to apply writing and grammar skills outside of major writing assignments.
- Assess: Educators can complete formative assessments through preassessments, ongoing class discussions, completion of grammar worksheets, and playing games and modeling activities; summative assessments are available in writing rubrics for major assignments and in tests.
- Guides for presenting biblical worldview shaping themes
- Instructions for using mentor texts and modeling activities
- Guides for completing visual analyses of illustrations throughout the program
- Differentiated learning suggestions for ELL, struggling students, advanced students, and general enrichment
- Instructional Aids that include writing rubrics