Homeschool Testing User Agreement
To test with BJU Press Testing, you must agree to follow all requirements fully. If you have any questions or feel that your child is an exception to any requirement in the agreement, contact the BJU Press Testing office by calling 800.845.5731 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org before proceeding.
- Only homeschool students may use tests. Private school students whose schools do not offer testing should request for their school to email BJU Press Testing at email@example.com and confirm that the student may test with us.
- Due to the high volume of orders between March and June, please place your order at least 4 weeks before your test date.
- Test materials must be returned within 21 days (US and Canada) of the initial test date (international customers have 75 days to return the materials).
- Customers may keep all practice materials.
- Customers must confirm testing plans with their test administrator before ordering. BJU Press sends materials directly to the test administrator.
- By selecting a test administrator, parents agree to share student name and birthdate with administrator for classification, administration, and scoring purposes.
- The test administrator is responsible for returning all materials in reusable condition. Additional fees will be charged for damaged (water damage, marks, tears, stains, etc.) or unreturned materials.
- BJU Press has the right to withhold results for damaged or unreturned materials. Each test administrator must also sign the roster sheet (included with materials) before the ordering party can receive results.
- BJU Press will no longer be able to offer Stanford/OLSAT scoring after June 30. All Stanford/OLSAT tests must be postmarked on or before June 1 for scoring. Materials postmarked after June 1 will require expedited scoring and a minimum fee of $40 (plus tax).
- BJU Press will confirm with you whether expedited scoring or a non-scoring refund of up to 50% is preferred. We will issue a non-scoring refund if we do not hear back by June 20.
- Tests received June 21 or later may have additional delays for scoring.
- Tests that require scoring with Spring (end of school year) norms must be completed and returned between March 1 and July 31. Any tests postmarked after that date will be scored with Fall norms.
- Families with students on certain non-standard academic calendars may receive Spring norms after paying an adjustment fee, but materials must be in our office by September 30, even for these cases.
- Electronic test results are typically posted on the ordering account within 10–20 business days of our receiving the completed tests. Print copies of test results are available upon request for an additional fee.
- For questions regarding the accuracy of test results, contact the Testing & Evaluation office within six months of testing.
Test Publisher Guidelines
- Due to contractual obligations, public school students cannot take these tests through BJU Press or gain access to them through any source other than their school.
- It is unethical to use these tests as practice for any other test administration or to administer any other achievement/abilities test within 3 months to the same student.
- The CogAT™ is available only in combination with the Iowa Assessments™ and will not be sold or scored without the accompanying achievement test.
- All test administrators must be approved through BJU Press and must have an active status.
- Test content is confidential and may not be viewed by anyone other than the student and the approved test administrator. Content may not be discussed with parents, students, or other individuals at any time.
- No one will review test content or teach according to test content before or after testing.
- Testing items may be checked by the test administrator before testing only to ensure that all needed components were included in the package and that materials are in good condition for testing. The tester is also encouraged to study the directions beforehand for proper administration.
- The test may not be self-scored.
- The ordering party is responsible to ensure that test administration meets the requirements of any organization or state that will receive results.
- Copies of the test may not be made or distributed.
- The test administrator will inform BJU Press staff of any violations of test security, allowing BJU Press to enforce disciplinary procedures.
- I acknowledge that this electronic signature is legally binding.
- I realize that BJU Press Testing will not ship my order until 2–4 weeks before the test date on my order and will not charge my card, if credit card payment is used, until the order ships.
- I understand BJU Press Testing’s refund policy.
- I agree to follow the above User Agreement and verify that all tests are for the students as designated on this Testing & Evaluation order.