Homeschool Testing User Agreement
To test with BJU Press Testing, you must agree to follow all requirements fully. If you have any questions or feel that your child is an exception to any requirement in the agreement, contact the BJU Press Testing office by calling 800.845.5731 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org before proceeding.
- Only homeschool students may use tests. Private school students whose schools do not offer testing should request for their school to email BJU Press Testing at email@example.com and confirm that the student may test with us.
- This order will be held until after this User Agreement is signed, which may delay testing. If this User Agreement is not signed within 3 weeks after the order is placed, the order will be cancelled.
- Test materials must be returned within 21 days (US and Canada) of the initial test date (international customers have 75 days to return the materials).
- Customers should keep all practice materials, but all standardized testing items must be returned (by the test administrator): achievement and abilities test student booklets, directions booklets, signed student roster, and answer documents.
- Customers must confirm testing plans with their test administrator before ordering. BJU Press sends materials directly to the test administrator.
- By selecting a third-party test administrator, parents agree to share student name and birthdate with that administrator for classification, administration, and scoring purposes.
- Test administrators listed on the Test Administrator Directory are not employees or representatives of BJU Press; however, they do meet and maintain test publisher qualifications.
- The following may apply for items that are damaged, unreturned, or returned after the due date at the discretion of BJU Press:
- Replacement fee(s)
- Decreased refund (less than the normal 75%); where possible, refunds will be reduced, rather than adding fees.
- Withholding of results; BJU Press may withhold results until issues are resolved.
- BJU Press will bill for damaged or unreturned items. Billing may be waived if unreturned items are returned in good condition.
- The CogAT™ is available only in combination with the Iowa Assessments™ and will not be sold or scored without the accompanying achievement test.
- Electronic test results are typically posted on the ordering account within 10–20 business days of our receiving the completed tests. Print copies of test results are available upon request for an additional fee.
- For questions regarding the accuracy of test results, contact the Testing & Evaluation office within six months of testing.
- BJU Press is no longer able to score Stanford/OLSAT tests in-house. All Stanford/OLSAT tests will be scored by Pearson scoring services. This means the following:
- Results are expected to be ready 6–8 weeks after tests arrive at Testing & Evaluation. This timeline is not guaranteed, due to possible delays in shipping and Pearson scoring services.
- BJU Press will not be able to expedite Stanford scoring services.
- BJU Press will have no access to tests for review or re-scoring after they have been shipped to Pearson scoring services.
- Materials should arrive at BJU Press ready for Pearson scoring services to process. BJU Press is not responsible to make any corrections or adjustments to answer documents before sending to Pearson scoring services.
- The test administrator is responsible to ensure answers are adequately darkened and that student information is filled in correctly. Fees may be applied if BJU Press finds information needs to be added.
Test Publisher Guidelines
- Due to contractual obligations, public school students cannot take these tests through BJU Press or gain access to them through any source other than their school.
- It is unethical to use these tests as practice for any other test administration or to administer any other achievement/abilities test within 3 months to the same student.
- All test administrators must be approved through BJU Press and must have an active status.
- Tests that require scoring with Spring (end of school year) norms must be completed and returned between March 1 and July 31. Any tests postmarked after that date will be scored with Fall norms.
- Families with students on certain non-standard academic calendars may receive Spring norms after paying an adjustment fee, but materials must be in our office by September 30, even for these cases.
- Test content is confidential and may not be viewed by anyone other than the student and the approved test administrator. Content may not be discussed with parents, students, or other individuals at any time.
- No one will review test content or teach according to test content before or after testing.
- Testing items may be checked by the test administrator before testing only to ensure that all needed components were included in the package and that materials are in good condition for testing. The test administrator is also encouraged to study the directions beforehand for proper administration.
- The test may not be self-scored.
- The ordering party is responsible to ensure that test administration meets the requirements of any organization or state that will receive results.
- Copies of the test may not be made or distributed.
- The test administrator will inform BJU Press staff of any violations of test security, allowing BJU Press to enforce disciplinary procedures.
- I acknowledge that this electronic signature is legally binding.
- I understand BJU Press Testing’s refund policy.
- I agree to follow the above User Agreement and verify that all tests are for the students as designated on this Testing & Evaluation orde